Commissioner to consider COLA and salary increases for staff during Thursday’s meetingFeatured, Featured Stories, News November 18, 2020
FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. – County commissioners will consider adoption of the FY 2021 budget with the approval to apply a two percent COLA increase as budgeted and to apply an increase of one percent to the Salary Range Schedule to maintain competitive salary ranges when they meet in a voting session Thursday (Nov. 19) at 5 p.m.
Other items to be considered under New Business include Conditional Use Permits (CUP) and Rezoning Requests for the following:
- Midwest Haybale Blinds, LLC – CP200013 – to operate an open storage yard on 2.791 acres currently zoned Agricultural District (A1). Property is located south of Francis Road, approximately 300 ft. east of the intersection with Clark Drive;
- Patriot Development, LLC – CP200020 – to operate an open storage yard with 37 parking spaces on 1.97 acres currently zoned Restricted Industrial District (M1) with variancesProperty is located approximately 300 ft. west of Ronald Reagan Boulevard approximately 325 ft. north of the intersection with Oak Industrial Lane;
- Chris Livesay – CP200021 – to operate an open storage yard with a residence for a night watchman in an existing 2,142 sq. ft. structure on 0.802 acres currently zoned Commercial Business District (CBD) with variances. Property is located at 832 Atlanta Highway, Cumming;
- Lizeth Cano – ZA3979 – to rezone from Lake Residential District (LR) to Agricultural District (A1) on 1.796 acres with a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for an open storage yard associated with existing buildings totaling 1,125 sq. ft. with variance. Property is located approximately 350 ft. west of Little Mill Road, approximately 435 ft. north of the intersection with Browns Bridge Road;
- An agreement regarding 5225 Shadburn Road, PIN 254-022, acquisition of 0.86 acres from William Waite Family for a future access road;
- An agreement regarding 3910 Evans Road, Fire Station #4, PIN 031-058, GDOT acquisition of ROW for SR20;
- An agreement regarding 1605 Canton Highway PIN 099-055, Greenway Trailhead location, GDOT acquisition for SR20 (Canton Highway) Widening;
- An agreement regarding Canton Highway, PIN 064-036, Greenway Trail access to Canton Highway, GDOT acquisition for SR20 Widening.
The Old Business Agenda includes consideration of the following:
- The request for an Amendment of Zoning Conditions on ZA2915 (Coordinated Properties, Inc.) by Josef and Elizabeth Venable at 2430 Monet Drive, Cumming;
- Request by Fam Group, LLC – CP200011 – to operate a 100 sq. ft. vehicle sales dealership in an existing building with 3 parking spaces on 2.196 acres currently zoned Restricted Industrial District. Property is located at 915 Branch Drive, Suite 100, Alpharetta;
- Possible direction regarding Sketch Plat approval for RUS-AL (USA), Inc. and Variances to the UDC;
- Possible direction regarding RUS-AL (USA), Inc., CP190014, to operate an open storage yard with 133 parking spaces associated with existing buildings totaling 18,000 sq. ft. with 26 parking spaces on 6.680 acres currently zoned Restricted Industrial District (M1).
Commissioners will make a series of announcements and reports, including the following;
- Presentation of a Resolution to the Forsyth County Public Library Friends and Advocates who have been awarded the Fabulous Friends Award by the Friends of Georgia Libraries;
- Presentation of a Resolution recognizing those who celebrated the Festival of Diwali on November 14, 2020;
- Recognition of the 2020 Georgia Association of Water Professionals Awards received by the Department of Water and Sewer;
- Recognition of the Department of Engineering’s Roads and Bridges Division for its hard work and commitment to the Forsyth County community during Hurricane Zeta;
- Board recognition of Chris Grimes, Emergency Management Agency Director, for receiving the Charles F. Welch Citizenship Award;
A series of public hearings are scheduled for Thursday’s meeting, including:
- A Sketch Plat approval for Ronald Reagan Corners LLC – Parcel 132-029 – SP200009;
- The County-Initiated request to operate a vehicle sales dealership in an existing building on 2.074 acres currently zoned Commercial Business District (CBD) and variances to the UDC, Section 12-10.9, Section 12-10.15 and Table 17.1 – Parcel 234-024 – CP200031;
- Sketch Plat approval for Rochester & Associates, Inc. – Parcel 319-015 – SP200011;
- Proposed abandonment of public right of way in Southers Plantation Lane, as requested by Southers Plantation HOA, Inc.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYN attracts 300,000+ page views per month, 3.5 million impressions per month and approximately 15,000 viewers per week on FYNTV.com and up to 60,000 Facebook page reach. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com