FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. – The Board of Commissioners is expected to award the bid for construction of Lanierland Park Phase 2 to Astra Group, LLC in the amount of $14,820,000 plus a $200,000 contingency when it meets Tuesday (Apr. 20) at 2 p.m. in the County Administration Building, 110 East Main Street.
Astra Group will provide all materials, equipment and labor for the project, that will include bridges, baseball field facilities, tennis court facilities and equipment, sports lighting, site lighting, artificial turf surfacing, pavilions, a restroom/concession building, a restroom and special-purpose ballfield for players with disabilities with support buildings, scoring building, signage, landscaping, irrigation. The project is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2022.
Other items on Tuesday’s agenda include consideration of:
- Purchase an Eventide Netlog 740 Recording System through Quality Recording Solutions, LLC for the E911 Department under a State of Georgia Contract in the amount of $208,396.34;
- Purchase of replacement membranes for the Manor Water Reclamation Facility from Suez Water Technologies in the amount of $234,446.00;
- Approval of a Task Order with NOVA Engineering and Environmental for Lanierland Park Phase 2 Geotechnical and Construction Inspections for the Department of Public Facilities in the amount of $98,405;
- Purchase of one new Crafco Super Shot Diesel Melter for the Department of Roads and Bridges from Reynolds Warren Equipment in the amount of $69,645.00;
- Purchase of one new Compact Loader for the Department of Water and Sewer from Bobcat of Atlanta in the amount of $78,885.73;
- Purchase of three new Front Loaders for the Department of Parks and Recreation from Mason Tractor in the amount of $88,466.44;
- Purchase of three new Compact Loaders for the Department of Parks and Recreation. Staff Recommendation: award to Bobcat of Atlanta in the amount of $122,103.53
- Approval to award the design/environmental services contract for a multi-use trail on Pilgrim Mill Road, Holtzclaw to Tidwell Park Entrance for the Department of Engineering to American Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $628,600.00;
- Approval to award the bid for Audio Visual System Upgrades for two (2) Juvenile Courtrooms to Conference Technologies, Inc. in the amount of $64,161.94;
- Approval of a Final Response Time to Reconciliation Letter between Jacobs and Archer Western Construction regarding the Fowler Water Reclamation Facility Expansion;
- Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Improving Community Preparedness to Assist Victims of Mass Violence and Domestic Terrorism: Training and Technical Assistance (ICP-TTA) and Forsyth County;
- Adoption of a Waterline Extension Policy to define a process for extending water service to existing, developed areas that do not currently have access to the Forsyth County public water system;
- Approval to design and build a Customer Service Facility at the Sexton Hall Campus with authorization for this Project to be included in the existing contract for the Sexton Hall Site Master Planning with Lose Design. The new Facility will serve as the replacement for the Sharon Springs Tag Office and provide services for the Tax Assessors’ Office and Department of Water and Sewer to assist the residents in South Forsyth.The estimated cost for the Project is $2.5M;
- A discussion and possible direction regarding amendments to the Unified Development Code related to Special Event Facilities and Agritourism;
- A discussion and possible direction regarding proposed amendments to the Unified Development Code regarding Pools and Accessory Structures;
- An offer from Georgia Transmission Corporation to acquire an easement across County property located at 7385 Browns Bridge Road;
- A discussion and possible direction regarding moving alcohol application approvals to an administrative process;
- Nominations and possible appointments of at-large members to the Forsyth County Development Authority;
- A request by the Board of Registrations and Elections for an increased meeting per diem and monthly expense account;
- A Right to Enter Agreement with Anson Logistics Assets, LLC to accommodate wall construction for Parcel 7 of the Ronald Reagan Boulevard Extension Project;
- A review of a Short Term Rental Permitting Ordinance.