#BKP Has A Live Call-In With Madison CawthornFeatured, Featured Stories, Politics July 2, 2020
#BKP is joined this morning by 11th district Republican runoff candidate Madison Cawthorn! Cawthorn won the primary against Trump endorsed Candidate Lynda Bennett. He explains why he thinks he won and discusses the upcoming runoff. If Cawthorn wins he will be the youngest member of congress. He states he does support the president and that his voters will too.
Madison Cawthorn wins Congressional District 11 runoffElection, Featured, Featured Stories, News June 24, 2020
CHEROKEE COUNTY, N.C. – U.S. House of Representatives District 11 Republican runoff has a clear winner in Madison Cawthorn.
With 17 counties completely reporting, Cawthorn carried 65.82 percent of the vote against opponent Lynda Bennett who received 34.18 percent of the vote.
The small business owner and motivational speaker carried almost every county in the 11th District except for Rutherford. His family has lived in N.C. for eight generations and even served Western Carolina in the Revolutionary War.
Cawthorn will go on to face Moe Davis (D) for the Congressional seat, formerly held by White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows. The seat is currently vacant after Meadows resigned on March 30.
“I’m a fighter, and I’m running for Congress because I believe America is worth fighting for!” – Cawthorn website.
His platform tenants focus on:
- Healthcare Reform – Cawthorn wants to expand choice and competition in the healthcare system.
- Immigration – He believes in secure borders and rule of law as well as opposes sanctuary cities.
- Taxes – Cawthorn opposes tax increases and wants Congress to work within their means.
- Pro-Life – “The first responsibility of the government is to protect its citizens, including those who are pre-born.”
- National Debt – He wants to stop the uncontrolled spending and find a solution to the debt problem in D.C.
- Congressional Reform – “We need a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution and term limits for Members of Congress.”
- Pro-Second Amendment – Cawthorn firmly supports the right to keep and bear arms.
- National Security – “President Reagan rightfully showed the world that America is safe when America’s defense is strong. Defending our national security is not optional.”
- Veterans’ Rights – He wants to keep the promises made to America’s Veterans, including the best healthcare available.
For more information about Cawthorn visit his website at https://www.madisoncawthorn.com/.
These election results are unofficial until certified. Image courtesy of the Madison Cawthorn website.