WHITE COUNTY, Ga. – The White County Board of Commissioners will meet in a voting session Tuesday (June 23) at 8 a.m. School Superintendent Dr. Laurie Burkett will review the voter-approved 2020 education special purpose local option sales tax.
White County voters gave an overwhelming thumbs up to the $29,500,000 one percent tax on June 9. The funds will allow the school system to replace the roof at Tesnatee Gap Elementary School, purchase new school buses, new technology and make improvements to athletic fields.
Other items to be considered by Board members include:
- Re-opening of schools
- SPLOST requests for June
- CTAE State and Federal Grants
- Summer Feeding/Book Giveaway
- Family Connections FY21 Contract
- Approval of personnel
- Approve of Family Connections FY21 Contract
- Approve CTAE State and Federal Grants