WHITE COUNTY, Ga. – County Commissioners will consider several land use applications when they meet Monday at 4:30 p.m. in a work session and called meeting. Most of those for the purpose of entering into the county’s short-term rental program. But the application that may draw the most interest is the one filed by Roger London and Judy Dunagan.
That application asks commissioners to redistrict 24.93 acres on Old Blue Creek Road in Cleveland from A-1 Agriculture Forestry District to R-1 residential single family.
The Board will also consider land use applications for a conditional use permit for:
- Erik and Rachel Johnson on1.47 acres at 4298 Hwy. 356 in Sautee Nacoochee to be placed into the short-term rental program;
- Robert Dollard on 1.865 acres at 28 Hawks Bluff Lane in Sautee Nacoochee to be placed into the short-term rental program;
- Robert Dollard on 2.166 acres at 30 Hawks Bluff Lane in Sautee Nacoochee to be placed into the short-term rental program.
Other agenda items to be considered Monday include:
- An application for property tax release filed by William Frank Rogers for property located at 317 Partin Road in Cleveland;
- A contract for hauling services at the White County Convenience Center;
- An update by Director of Community and Economic Development on operational changes at the convenience center;
- A contract with Wilkes Engineering Group LLC for engineering services related to repairs needed at the White County Transfer Station;
- A contract renewal for licensing of the information technology backup system;
- Appointments to the White County Development Authority, and Recreation Advisory Board.
Commissioners will introduce Akyn Bailey as the county’s new elections supervisor.