Multiple arrests made in drug investigation in ElbertFeatured Stories March 9, 2023
ELBERT COUNTY, Ga. – On Tuesday, February 28, 2023, a search warrant was executed at a residence in Bowman, Elbert County, Georgia, related to an ongoing, multi-jurisdictional drug investigation.
The investigation was conducted by the Appalachian Regional Drug Enforcement Office with the assistance of the Elbert County Sheriff’s Office, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, the Hart County Sheriff’s Office, the Department of Community Supervision, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
As a result of the investigation, the following items were seized as evidence:
- Approximately 3.16 pounds of methamphetamine with an approximate street value of $107,400.00
- Approximately 1.03 pounds of marijuana with an approximate street value of $9,380.00
- One handgun
- $52,010.00 in U.S. currency
The following individuals were arrested during the investigation:
- Connie Fowler, 54, of Elbert County, was charged with sale of methamphetamine, trafficking methamphetamine, and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Richard Drake, 40, of Madison County, was charged with possession methamphetamine with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Fowler and Drake were taken to the Elbert County jail following their arrest.
Leave a comment