Religion column written by Dr. Bob Allen:
Father God does not respond to pain, suffering or sorrow. He responds to faith.
Rom 1:17.The Apostel Paul said, “Now the just shall live by faith.” When the hurting sinner cries out “Lord help me or “Lord save me”, that prayer gets answered every time. After you are born again and become a child of God, He expects you to get to know Him so He can guide and direct your life. This knowledge can only happen when you build up your faith, and this faith comes from hearing His word.
Jer. 15:16 Jeremiah said,”Thy words were found, and I did eat them, and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of my heart.” I think Father God responds first to His children who love, trust and depend on Him, those that have found rest and peace in his love. They are secure in Him as Father
Matt 21:22 Jesus said,“And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”
- Jesus said, “Be of good cheer I have overcome the world.”
- He also said,” I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Your faith level is measured by how much you can believe His Word.
- The natural man says, “If I see it, I will believe it.” The faith man says, “if I believe it, I will see it.”
- Jesus said,” Ask and you shall receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door shall be opened unto you.”
- Jesus said,” If you ask anything in My name I will do it.”
If we, the lord’s people, believe this way, why are we living with such fear, depression, and defeat in our lives? And why are the jails filled with our children? And why are we aborting 250,000 plus babies a year? And why are we keeping the divorce courts busy? I notice, for the most part, that the young people are leaving the church when they become of age. Again this tells me they don’t see enough difference in the church to make a difference.
When Jesus said, “Hear what the Spirit is saying to the church,” we better listen to what is coming.
Matt 15:22-24 is real faith! “And behold a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.” Jesus answered and said, “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Then she worshiped Him.” That moves Him. He said, “I can’t take the children’s bread, and cast it to the dogs. Then she said, True Lord, yet the dogs eat from the crumbs which fall from their master’s table.”( I will take what’s left, it will be sufficient. She interrupted Him.) Then Jesus said” O woman! Great is thy faith; be it unto thee even as thou wilt and her daughter was made whole from that very hour.”
Let’s take a look at real faith.
- Her faith was so great in Him that all things were possible. She would take the least of Him, the crumbs, and it would be sufficient.
- Jesus said,” I am not sent, but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Her faith changed that.
- She moved Him from the “House of Israel” to her needs.
- She changed His commitment, His direction. She side- tracked Him.
- She said,” Have mercy on me.” she grabbed what others were rejecting. He is a God of mercy.
- She used her faith and got mercy. Faith will take you places. She worships Him.
- Her Faith in Jesus moved a devil out of her daughter.
- Remember your Faith will never rise above the confession that comes out of your mouth.